This article from Widen’s Blog, How Often Should a DAM Admin… starts to give you an idea of the tasks related to keeping the DAM machine humming along. It is by no means comprehensive, but it addresses a few good areas such as:
- How often should I update the system dashboard?
- How often should I review the user list?
- How often should I archive assets?
It also includes triggers and tasks, which are nifty details.
Some other things that should go on a regular task list, not included and not limited to:
- Auditing security and permissions
- Reviewing and testing backups
- (and documenting these for Sarbanes Oxley)
- Reviewing usage logs to tune user experience, and look for errors and exceptions.
- Reviewing tagging and taxonomy.