In the vein of Getting Off On The Right Foot, Widen’s blog has a good article from Serai Schueller (links to other good articles by her there) with titled “Lessons From a Heroic Implementation – Scott Sharp” about Canadian Airline WestJet … also available as a longer Podcast. They go over six basic steps that are critical, with some considerations for each. Good food for thought.
- Establish success metrics
- Put the right people in place
- Focus on the most effective assets first
- Build a strong system structure
- Understand how DAM fits into your technology stack
- Plan your launch
They note that it took “a nearly five-year process of selling [Scott Sharp’s] executive team on the value of DAM software,” and, finding 4 million assets on their network: interesting metrics.